top of page
Family Real Estate

Neighbour carrying out building works? 

Under the Party Wall Act 1996 it is your legal right have an independent Party Wall Surveyor appointed to represent you, paid for by the Building Owner/ developer carrying out the works.


Common build errors such as overhanging gutters, excavations undermining your foundations, trespass and damage to shared walls can be avoided by having a surveyor represent you in drawing up a Party Wall Award. 

for free advice on how your neighbours project may impact you

Neighbours Party Wall Extension

For simple projects you may be happy to agree to the works outlined in the initial notices. Otherwise, we can provide free advice.

Common types of works that affected by the Party Wall ActL: 


  • Extensions

  • Loft conversions

  • Chimney removal

  • Basements

  • Works to boundary walls

  • Any excavations within 3m of your neighbours property

  • Any construction along boundary line

Find out more about the Party Wall Act and process here.

bottom of page